Monday, January 10, 2011

FLOODS IN AUSTRALIA

Much of eastern Australia, especially the State of Queensland, is at present devastated by flood. After 10-15 years of terrible drought, we are having some of the worst floods in many years. Many homes have been inundated, families moved out, shops and industries closed. Already eight people are confirmed dead and seventy-two people are missing or unaccounted for. Yesterday another town was laid waste by a huge wave of water rushing down a river valley and spreading throught the city. Much of the flood water will soon be flowing into the State of New South Wales causing more floods here. Some of you may not have heard of this. So do keep us in mind.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This situation is very dramatic and my heart is with all Australian people

Anonymous said...

Dear Webmaster,

I have added your link: http://www.newgayblogs.pornoxide.org/

Please add mine.

Good Luck
Bye
Tom

Ray's Cowboy said...

to to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my freind.

Hugs
Ray

Stan said...

I've seen pictures on TV of the devistation and mt heart goes out to you all down there. I blame all this crazy weather on climate change and global warming. We are having a wicked winter on this side of the earth too Lord Patrick.

Nick said...

I hope you are safe Patrick

timldn said...

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Australia.

lorenzolo63 said...

I PRAY FOR PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA.IN FRANCE SOME PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..A FRIEND OF MINE IS A CLIMATE SPECIALIST AND HE SAID ME THAT CLIMATE IS CRAZY NOW.SOME CRAZY EVENTS WILL COME MORE AND MORE EVERYWHERE ON EARTH.THAT S ULTIME TIME TO STOP CARBON POLLUTION BUT CAN WE DO IT?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Pat, the news over here hsve been full of it. In fact, I've been thinking about you!

Here, we have had tons and tons of snow which is now melting and also causing floods in certain parts of the country!

Matthew said...

I think about my Friends Ian&fay over there in Deni NSW and im worried for them and everyone who has been displaced the water is only 2 days away from them Please let it stop!! I cannot sleep for you.. Matthew wise Saint Charles Michigan USA